Applications to Present 2024
APPLICATIONS TO PRESENT 2024
Mark your diaries and stay up to date
Thank you to the 24 presenting companies below
22 March 2023, MCG
Check out each of the 24 companies below who presented at the Climate Investor Forum 22 March 2023
All leading the decarbonistion of each key sector.
Nature Based Solutions
With the unprecedented corporate commitments to meet net zero targets, businesses involved in carbon offset project development, nature based solutions, carbon trading platforms and carbon neutral services are experiencing extraordinary demand.
Presenting companies 22 March, 2023 at the MCG, in Nature Based Solutions are:
- Loam Bio- Microbial technology capturing carbon in agricultural soils.
- AirSeed Technologies – Accelerating the restoration of biodiversity by combining technology, science and people.
- Climate Friendly – Koala Friendly Carbon: Carbon farming to support the restoration of key habitat for the endangered koala.
Climate tech is broadly defined as technologies deployed to reduce greenhouse gas emissions or solve any aspect of the complex and multifaceted problem of climate change. The technology innovations are part of a hot, fast-growing, ever-expanding sector and are becoming the primary destination for an entire generation of tech talent (engineers, developers, data scientists etc.)
Presenting companies 22 March, 2023 at the MCG, in Climate Tech are:
- FLINT Pro – Natural capital and carbon reporting platform.
- AspiraDAC – Direct air capture.
- Bloom – Fintech startup democratising climate impact investing.
Circular Economy & Waste
The transition to a circular economy is gathering pace. Circular economy business models include designing out waste and pollution, renewable, recycled, or highly recyclable inputs in production processes, reducing biodiversity loss, sharing economy businesses, products as service and resource recovery.
Presenting companies 22 March, 2023 at the MCG, in Circular Economy & Waste are:
- Samsara Eco – Using enzymes to recycle plastic.
- Grounded Packaging – Next generation of packaging materials and technology.
- Bygen – Low-cost and sustainable activated carbon production from common waste streams.
The Energy Transition
The renewable energy space covers economy wide deployment of technologies, products and processes and a vast array of business models from mature technologies and infrastructure to innovative Hydrogen and battery storage businesses, microgrids, industrial process innovation, to digitisation and demand management.
Presenting companies 22 March, 2023 at the MCG, in The Energy Transition are:
- Amber Electric – Customer. empowered grid integration.
- Neara – SaaS to design and optimize transmission infrastructure.
- MGA Thermal – Enabling 24/7 clean energy in a world that is desperately looking for secure, stable, green energy.
Blue economy – Water & Oceans
Alongside established ocean industries, new emerging business are proliferating as part of the blue economy. Addressing challenges from overfishing, habitat destruction, pollution and the impact of climate change, are growing businesses in diverse areas such as aquaculture, marine renewable energy and blue carbon.
Presenting companies 22 March, 2023 at the MCG, in Blue Economy- Water & Oceans, are:
- Seaforest – Cultivating Asparagopsis to decarbonise livestock production.
- Canopy Blue – Hyperscale offshore seaweed cultivation to sequester CO2.
- Pacific Bio – Macroalgae for onshore aquaculture & wastewater treatment.
Food & Agriculture
Climate smart and regenerative agriculture is a boom area for investment with business that include addressing food security, climate change adaptation, and mitigation, innovative feedstocks and plant-based and cellular meat.
Presenting companies 22 March, 2023 at the MCG, in Food & Agriculture, are:
- Vow – Cultured meat production.
- Carbonaught – Organic fertilizer from mining waste rock.
- Eden Brew – Laboratory produced Dairy.
Buildings & Infrastructure
Rapid advances in energy efficiency and sustainability in the built environment and urban infrastructure include innovations in design and construction, heating and cooling, residential buildings, commercial buildings and supply chain.
Presenting companies 22 March, 2023 at the MCG, in Buildings & Infrastructure, are:
- Wattwatchers – Digital Energy Platform.
- CIM – Optimising building operations with data analytics.
- Smarterlite – Photoluminescent Exit signs.
Mobility & Transport
This sector is attracting significant investment globally in innovative transit models and infrastructure leading to advances in electric vehicles, micro mobility, sustainable fuels, marine transport, aviation and rail freight.
Presenting companies 22 March, 2023 at the MCG, in Mobility & Transport, are:
- JET charge – Full vertical in EV Charging.
- Adiona – Optimised logistics platform.
- Renulem Global – Converting Biomass to renewable fuels.
Applications to present are now closed
The criteria used for presenting – as outlined in the application, included:
- Define the problem the business is solving
- Outline the unique value proposition of the solution
- Define how the business products services or technology mitigates, avoids greenhouse gas emissions
- A viable business model
- An established credentialed team
- Details on clients, partners, revenue and achievements
- Investment ready: Define funding stage – early stage, pre-seed, seed, Series A, Series B, Series C
- Define how the business can scale